I don't know of my theometer had mercury. The thermometer is glass. I'm taking meds because I have throat infection. I'm afriad. I have no symptoms yet?

Don't panic. First, if the thermometer is not broken then any potential mercury is trapped inside and can not harm you. Second, it the thermometer did break and it did have mercury inside your individual exposure would be very, very low not enough to be a problem with just one exposure. If you are really concerned bout future use, buy a new digital thermometer.