I was taking 20mg Prozac (fluoxetine) and increased to 30mg daily this month . Should i take all in the morning or or divide at breakfast and lunch. Eventually i plan to move to 40mg daily . When should I increase?

Dr. Thomas Grugle

In brief: Once a day

Prozac (fluoxetine) can be taken once a day at any dose due to its extremely long half life.
Some people can even take it once a week! don't do that (the once a week) without consulting the prescribing physician, please.

In brief: Once a day

Dr. Thomas Grugle
Dr. Thomas Grugle
Dr. Elise Sadoun

In brief: Once daily

You can take Prozac (fluoxetine) once daily, preferably in the morning.
There is no benefit to dividing the dose. You should schedule a follow up with your doctor 1 month after starting the new dose, to determine when and if you need to increase the dose. Good luck.

In brief: Once daily

Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Elise Sadoun