Never taken prescription butalapap. I have a horrible headache. Flu and fever. How likely is this to cause side effect? How strong is it? Says only 325 acetametaphin. If not work, can I take excedrin?

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Is a Rx specific. ..

...4 headaches that r not migraine.
Itryontainsa barbitrate butalbitol, along with caffeine 2 counter act the side effect of sedation, ; has 325mg tylenol, (acetaminophen) only so it is able 2 b called in 2 the pharmacy. On the short term it works well . But u can try excedrine 1st if u want.

In brief: Is a Rx specific. ..

...4 headaches that r not migraine.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Elise Sadoun

In brief: Possibly the flu

The symptoms you are describing are unusual for butalapap.
More likely you have the actual flu, as it is flu season and your symptoms sound just like the flu. I suggest that you see your doctor today. If it is less than 72 hours since the symptoms started, and you do have the flu, you can be started on an anti flu medication to improve recovery. Good luck.

In brief: Possibly the flu

Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology