Could I be feeding my baby too much?

Dr. Jennifer Mink
Signs of overfeeding include spitting up excessively after a feeding, numerous large stools, and rapid weight gain.
Cues that frequently are ignored are a disinterest in feeding and turning the head.

Dr. Jennifer Mink
Dr. Jennifer Mink
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Yes - and this is quite common now.
Babies are often overfed because parents confuse the need to calm with the need to eat. Babies use sucking as a calming mechanism (hence older kids sucking their thumbs, etc) and may just want to fall asleep or calm down. If you are constantly feeding or baby drinks more than 24-32 ounces per day, then you are overfeeding.

Yes - and this is quite common now.
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Shontae Buffington