Back, flank & abdo pain for 5 months. Persistent bloating. Elevated blood phosphate levels. Trace protein & elevated urine leukocytes & erythrocytes. Clear for uti. Weight gain. What could be wrong?

Dr. Selwyn Oskowitz
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Need evaluation

Most of the causes for this are benign - but your doctor must rule out the (uncommon) possibility of ovarian cancer.
No need to be scared -this can easily be completed with ultrasounds focused on the ovaries as well as some blood tests.

In brief: Need evaluation

Dr. Selwyn Oskowitz
Dr. Selwyn Oskowitz

In brief: See answer

Your symptoms and abnormal urinalysis suggest a possible kidney problem. Presumably a urine culture was done and negative for uti.
Appropriate blood tests (cbc, general chemistry) and a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis would, in my opinion, be best test to evaluate kidneys and other intrabdominal organs and structures for the cause if your symptoms.

In brief: See answer

Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham