What type of acne scars do I have and how can I treat them? They are dark surface scars I have had for months hard to get rid of. I have dry skin only

Dark spot treatment. Dark surface spots left over after acne clearance is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The inflammation caused by the acne lesion basically leaves behind a stain on the skin. These can be hard to treat but often times will resolve after several months. A daily sunscreen is recommended. Other treatment options can help such as topical retinoids, chemical peels, and hydroquinone.
Hmmm. You as what type of acne scars do I have - however without a photo - it would be impossible. Frequently one gets post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after an acute exacerbation of acne that will improve with time.