I have asthma. Sometimes i get tightness in my chest and it gets hard for me to breath even when i'm sleeping or laying down. Could this be copd? How?

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Unlikely COPD

By age alone unless you have some predisposition, like alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency, you don't have copd, and only pft can elucidate that.
Triggers for sob or asthma have to be sought, as things like gerd, or allergies can be circumvented to avoid exacerbation. Dusts and dust mites are other triggers at night or laying down. Talk to your doctors as you may both find your triggers and help you.

In brief: Unlikely COPD

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Dr. John Chiu
Recommend you see an allergist to find out the triggers.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine