I got my period jan 1 but it stared very light and brown then the next 2 1/2 days were heavy, got light ended on jan 4. Dealing with cramps ever since?

Dr. Jane Van Dis

In brief: Too long

That's too long to be suffering from cramps, i'm so sorry you're going through this.
I would definitely see a gynecologist to discuss treatment options. It may be that birth control could help with the cramping. Ibuprofen helps on a short term basis, but you can't take it every 8 hours for a month, unfortunately. See your doctor to discuss treatment options.

In brief: Too long

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Adam Levy