I have plantar fasciitis, i'm icing and stretching. How much ibuprofen can I take to reap the anti-inflammatory benefits? How long should I take it?

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: At least 2-3 weeks!

The recommended dose, till age 65 is 3200 mg a day (800 x 4/day).
I generally tell my patients to take 2-3 tabs of 200 mg x 4 times a day, increasing or decreasing as the level of response to it, but should take it regularly 4 times a day ( even 200 mg 4 times a day) is better than twice a day dose. If no response to it, try aleve (naproxen) or get your pcp to give you something else. Good luck.

In brief: At least 2-3 weeks!

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care