Got concussion on jan 14th my head really hurts is this post concussion syndrome was told by ER it was how long till I can play sports?

One week after no. More headaches is the minimum recommendation. You may need longer depending on the severity of your concussion. You should not just be relying on the recommendations of the er doctor. You should be evaluated by your primary care doctor and obtain clearance from them before playing any sports. I know you want to play sports, but your brain needs time to heal.
Post-concussion. Symptoms of post-concussion syndrome are often vague and non-specific. Commonly reported symptoms include: headache, dizziness, sleep problems, psychological symptoms such as depressed mood, irritability, and anxiety, cognitive problems involving memory, concentration, and thinking.