I have been diagnosed with adult adhd. In your experience what kind of non-stimulant medications or therapies are the safest and most effective?

In brief: Working with

Service men ; women who deploy, it is often advantageous to use non-controlled medications.
As a result, I have used straterra with a number of adults with excellent results and a good side effect profile.

In brief: Working with

Dr. Norma Jo Waxman
Strattera can be helpful in particular with the inattentive and motivational components of ADD vs hyperactivity symptoms
Dr. Shah Chowdhury

In brief: ADULT ADHD Rx:

Atomoxetine (strattera) is selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor approved by the fda for treatment of adhd in older than 6 years, adolescents ; adults.
It is the only med. That is not under controlled substance act ; the first adhd pharmacotherapy approved for use in adults. Another non-stimulant is Clonidine that reduces symphatetic outflow, reduce hyperactivity. Benefit in adult not clear.

In brief: ADULT ADHD Rx:

Dr. Shah Chowdhury
Dr. Shah Chowdhury