So my six month old won't sleep unless he's in bed with us. I tried to let him cry it out today, and he cried for 2.5 hours! i need some suggestions!

In brief: Change or no?

Help him settle from a distance.
I find it helpful to feed infants as they awaken and never as they tire. Reading to them from a distance can help them settle, like it does you if you sit in a sermon that lasts too long. Direct contact to rock or soothe promotes dependence.Leave while still awake, return periodically to comfort but no more moves to mom's bed.Baby can cry it out now or remain stuck.

In brief: Change or no?

Help him settle from a distance.
Dr. Cindy Juster