Used an incline bench to work on my abs. It has been 3 days and my abs are in pain and when i try to go to bathroom my abs hurt. What should I do to relieve pain and relax my stomach?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Rectus muscle tear?

It looks like from your patient profile that you also have ibs, but the circumstance suggests a pulled or torn abdominal rectus muscle from over-doing the sit-ups.
Get your abdomen a rest, work out other parts of your body in the meantime, ; when resuming know your limits (when it hurts, stop)--pain does not make gain! however, don't ignore symptoms if they worsen or persist more than a few days.

In brief: Rectus muscle tear?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Rest and recouperati

Excessive strain on the muscles often causes pain like you have.
The solution is take pain medicines for 3-4 days and the pain will go away as the muscles heal a bit. You can use tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed(every 6-8 hourly) or ask your pcp to give you a stronger pain medicine in case tylenol (acetaminophen) does not control the pain adequately. Take it easy till pain goes away. When you restart exercise go slower at it.

In brief: Rest and recouperati

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Peter Kurzweil