What is chance of anaphylaxis from fludrocortisone? Terrified of new drugs. I've taken beclometasone fine, which is a corticosteroid too,

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Almost zero

The risk is almost zero although it is a different kind of corticosteroid.

In brief: Almost zero

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Guolin Wen
Doc, Can you give me some ref, no offense, I just want to learn and probably I missed some info. Here is what I saw, the last line under adverse reaction for fludrocortisone, in Lexicomp DRUG INFORMATION HANDBOOK: Miscellaneous: Anaphylaxis (generalized), diaphoresis
Dr. Guolin Wen
Pharmacology

In brief: Hard to predict

Beclometasone is different from Fludrocortisone because the latter is mineralocorticoid with glucocorticoid, which means Fludrocortisone also helps regulate salt intake ; decretion.
Beclometasone controls the rate of protein synthesis and prevent inflammation. Hard to predict its anaphylaxis from beclometasone.

In brief: Hard to predict

Dr. Guolin Wen
Dr. Guolin Wen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine