Ureteral stent came out monday. I feel a lot discomfort laying on my back & sides since surgery i tried laying on stomach w/ pillow helps. This norm?

In brief: Not usually

Depends on what the stent was placed for: if after ureteroscopy for stone disease, it is usually left in for 1 week to allow for resolution of any inflammation.
Was your stent placed for obstruction (such as a ovarian/ uterine neoplasm), or could you have an unrecognized retained stone fragment ? Regardless, conservative management is indicated with repeat imaging if pain persists.

In brief: Not usually

Dr. Stephen Chinn
Dr. Stephen Chinn

In brief: Sometimes can occur

Some people will have post-stent removal discomfort for a few days afterwards due to ureteral spasm. Try nsaids and hydrate well.

In brief: Sometimes can occur

Dr. Guy Bernstein
Dr. Guy Bernstein
Dr. Steven Seres