My kids had strep throat a couple weeks ago and now I have a kidney infection caused by the strep bacteria. Any connection ?

In brief: Maybe,maybe not

Strep come in many strains.
The group b strep often seen as a cause of female uti's is not the group a that causes throat infections. You may want to clarify this with the treating doc.

In brief: Maybe,maybe not

Strep come in many strains.

In brief: I don't know.

Complications of strep throat can include:infection of middle ear, sinuses, tonsils, skin, blood as well as scarlet fever, inflammation of kidney (glomerulonephritis) ; eventually rheumatic fever. Please ask the treating provider if the two appear to be linked.

In brief: I don't know.

Dr. Jonathan Jassey