My son is 14 years old and getting constant headache and bellyache he has been diagnosed with migraines but am very concerned tablets not working?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Speak with his doc

Then you need to speak with the doctor who is treating the problem.

In brief: Speak with his doc

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Robert Kent
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: I am sorry to

Hear your son is suffering from migraines.
Has he had a complete workup yet? He should have multiple things checked when migraines hit at that age, including checking for a pfo in his heart, any masses in his brain, etc. Also, many people miss neck issues that causes constant headaches in youth, so be sure to have his neck checked by someone w/ experience. Also, new study just showed that chewing.

In brief: I am sorry to

Dr. Robert Kent
Dr. Robert Kent
Dr. Robert Kent
bubble gum is a source for up to 87% of teens who suffer migraines. If he is chewing gum or chewing on things like pens, make sure to try to avoid that and see if it helps. I wish you the best of luck and hope your son feels better.
Dr. Eric Weisman