Had a bad cough for about a month. Basically dry. Antibiotics didn't seem to help. Just when i though it was over, it's back full force. Body aches, and slight fever. I did get my flu shot. 40 y/o m?

Dr. John Hanna

In brief: Be examined

This episode cold be influenza.
38% of individuals who get immunized will still get the flu if exposed, but a much milder version. The cough that lasted a month in a 40 year smoker is mor consistent with chronic bronchitis or earlyl copd.

In brief: Be examined

This episode cold be influenza.
Dr. John Hanna
Dr. John Hanna
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Viral....

Your symptoms are likely due to a viral infection.
There are other viruses besides influenza that could be the culprit. It will likely run it's course over 7-10 days or so. The cough may be due to bronchospasm and airway inflammation from the viral infection. Both steroid and bronchodilator inhalers may be needed to get rid of the cough so see your doctor for diagnosis/treatment.

In brief: Viral....

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Adam Smith