Kickboxing and diet can I take protein?

Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice

Your total protein intake should not be more than 1 gram for each pound of weight.
Try to drink plenty of fluids- at least a gallon a day. When choosing proteins- try to choose unsaturated fats from lean meats, fowl, fish, beans, legumes and dairy products.

Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: Protein powder?

When my 29 yr old patients ask if they can take "protein" they usually are referring to the protein drinks sold at gyms or nutrition stores.
You can take protein in this form, but it depends on your goals. If you are trying to gain wt, then by all means. If you are trying to become faster and have more endurance, you might want to ask your coach before putting on extra muscle.

In brief: Protein powder?

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine