I'm female and I have never shaved my public area, and my vagina hurts. Could the pubic hair be causing this? (eg. Pulling and catching on underwear)

Dr. John Hanna

In brief: Unlikely

I cannot think of a reason why public hair would cause vaginal pain.
You need to consider other reason for vaginal pain other than un trimmed pubic hair.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. John Hanna
Dr. John Hanna
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Would doubt

That that is the cause.
The source of your discomfort is best determined by a medical professional asking you some specific questions then examining you. A common cause of discomfort in the lower central abdomen and the vaginal area in your age group is a bladder infection but this is only a guess and would recommend an exam.

In brief: Would doubt

That that is the cause.
Dr. James Burns
Dr. James Burns