I had a seizure once 10 months ago, what are the chances of getting another one. I have no family seizure history?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See neurologist

Seizure can be a serious issue if not treatment.
You need to see a neurologist asap to find out what may be causing it. In the meanwhile , you should avoid driving or operating heavy equipment until this issue is resolved. I know that this will be a hardship but nonetheless a prudent approach.

In brief: See neurologist

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu

In brief: ASSUMING THESE FACTS

If you have a normal neurological exam, a normal eeg and mri, you have roughly a 60% chance of a second seizure within the first 12 months subsequently.
Do agree that it is very prudent to have a neurological consultation.

In brief: ASSUMING THESE FACTS