I have a tooth infection I'm on penicillin 4Xs a day I just started it 2day I can't get in2 the dentist until next week#40;Tuesday ) will this stop spreading?

Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

If your situation is improving you can probably wait.
If condition or swelling gets worse you should see a dentist, oral surgeon, or er at hospital asap. Not all infection respond to penicillin.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

Antibiotics disrupt the bacterial growth, but a lot of bacteria have developed a resistance to various antibiotics.
If the problem is controlled until next week, see your dentist and she/he can help. If the problem worsens, seek emergency care.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Tooth abscess

A tooth abscess is an inflamation caused by a bacterial infection.
Penicillin will help to ameliorate the problem, but the tooth abscess has to be drained to get rid of the infection. I think it will be ok to see your dentist next week. However if you have trouble breathing or swallowing go to er or urgent care. Hope it helps.

In brief: Tooth abscess

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil