What is a decreased ae of the lung base? What is its medical significance?

Dr Paxton Daniel
Radiology

In brief: Abbreviations

And acronyms can cause confusion and i generally avoid them. As such, i don't know what ae means.
If you can determine the full meaning of the finding and resubmit your question it may be answerable.

In brief: Abbreviations

Dr Paxton Daniel
Dr Paxton Daniel
Dr Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Egophony

I think that what you are asking about is a physical examination technique to detect lung consolidation.
I am most familiar with people talking about listening to the lungs with a stethoscope and asking the patient to say "eeeeee". If it sounds like "eeee", the lung is healthy. If it sounds like "aayy", there is consolidation (pneumonia.).

In brief: Egophony

Dr Steven Neish
Dr Steven Neish
Dr William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine