I get intense pain in my mid-upper back when i take medicine or drink alcohol sometime the pain just happens it feels like bad heartburn in my back?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Referred pain

Your pain may be referred from your stomach, and it's important to always hydrate and not drink alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach, as this can irritate the stomach lining.
If you take medicine that are strong, like Ibuprofen or other nsaid's, they too can irritate the stomach lining. So, make sure to visit your pcp to have this investigated, so you can enjoy your life more with less pain.

In brief: Referred pain

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine