My husband has a pea sized lump on his leg.It bleeds regularly. The edge is black the middle is red. Should i be worried? He won't go to the doctor...

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Please share

There are two things this could be: a common, benign, hemangioma (a cherry tumor of extra blood vessels that are common on skin with age) or a skin cancer.
Most cancers on the skin can be cut out and then not bother one again. Getting them gone is simple and is so much better than letting something simple become life threatening. I would bet a simple visit to the family doctor may solve this.

In brief: Please share

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian