What is the next step? Upper GI shows narrowing of esophagus just above stomach. He takes Prilosec and zantac (ranitidine). Hes 10 yrs old. Had endoscopy was ok

In brief: Peds GI

Your son is most likely seeing a pediatric gastroenterologist.
This doctor will be working toward a diagnosis and determining the cause. It may require more than one study and often parents get frustrated. With the years of vomiting you may consider celiac disease, this can be blood tested and the scope biopsy proven. Other concerns would be achalasia.

In brief: Peds GI

Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Fariborz Shams

In brief: Conservative Tx.

Not being pediatrician , but my recommendation is be as conservative as possible, medication in a lot of different scenario could be beneficial.

In brief: Conservative Tx.

Dr. Fariborz Shams
Dr. Fariborz Shams
Dr. Cindy Juster