I have a hip flexor strain, and should I take ibropropfen everyday and whould it relief my pain forever.

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Groin strains...

Hip flexor ( or adductor also) strains respond well to immediate ice( 12-24 hrs), ibuprofen( or other otc nonsteroidal antiinflammatory med) and rest.
These 'groin strains' often take 4-6 wks to fully heal even in young athletes and are prone to re/ injury if you return to your sport to quickly.You shouldn't require Ibuprofen or other NSAID more than a week.See your primary care physician for exam.

In brief: Groin strains...

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine