Why fid the ER give my spouse a week treatment of antibiotics for an STD but the health department just have me a shot and two big pills?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Old vs new medicine

The er is not a good place to get primary care or std care or any kind of normal non-life threatening care.
The doctor in the er gave an effective but old fashioned treatment. They failed to treat appropriately for both gonorrhea and chlamydia. You were treated more effectively with the right medicine for current standards of care. You were treated for both chlamydia and all forms of gonorrhea.

In brief: Old vs new medicine

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Your spouse was not. They were treated only for Chlamydia.
Dr. Jane Van Dis