I have a staph infection in leg its healing but 3 inches above it the lymph node is still swollen which scares me is this normal? How long will last?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Lymph nodes

Rather than scaring you, an active lymph node doing it's job to fight off infection, should reassure and encourage you about your body's health.
A reactive lymph node is working when it is swollen. It is doing it's job. It takes some time to return to a normal quiet state after the infection and all of the foreign material is taken care of. No reason to be scared for any reason here.

In brief: Lymph nodes

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian