I've been on levlen ED for 4 months since taking them I have been really moody angry i tried Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) which was worse should I take anti depressants tohelp?

In brief: If there were no

Mood issues prior to taking contraceptives - would encourage you to see your gynecologist.
Optomizing the selection of oral contraceptive would be a better way to go if possible.

In brief: If there were no

Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Anger, mood swings

Irritability, anger and mood swings with hormones are usually due to higher estrogen levels and lower Progesterone levels.
Progesterone reaches a receptor on the brain called GABA that helps inhibit everything. I usually tell my patients it is like xanax (alprazolam) or valium to the female brain as they work on the same receptor. Have your dr check levels and use bc with higher progesterone.

In brief: Anger, mood swings

Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Dr. Jane Van Dis