I want to take protine shake. Is it harmful in the age of 17 ?

Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Possibly

There are many dangerous things found in 'health food' stores.
There is no regulation about what is actually in them. I see plenty of heart, liver, and kidney problems with supplements. Eating a balanced diet is enough, but if you would like to increase protein intake, increase your intake of egg whites. This is pure protein.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Joseph De santi

In brief: Protein Protection

No it's not harmful, but choose your formulation carefully.
Protein isolates are not as good as protein concentrates due to the chemicals used in processing. Whey protein comes from milk products, soy protein from soy. Soy is not advisable at your age if you are male due to the potential for "estrogenic" effects. Egg whites are a nice source of protein as well and are less expensive.

In brief: Protein Protection

Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Joseph De santi