Sir, my father is recently diagnosed with triple vessel heart disease, but the problem is he has blood serum creatinine is 2.2 , can he do cabg?

Dr. R. Kannan Mutharasan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Reasonably safe

Kidney dysfunction does pose an increased risk for surgery, as well as a slightly increased risk that after surgery dialysis will be needed, but a creatinine of 2.
2 probably should not preclude surgery if it is otherwise indicated.

In brief: Reasonably safe

Dr. R. Kannan Mutharasan
Dr. R. Kannan Mutharasan
Dr. Donald Thomas
Surgery - Thoracic

Yes. If there are significant blockages making him a candidate for bypass surgery it can be performed safely with a minor increase in risk.

Dr. Donald Thomas
Dr. Donald Thomas
Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: CABG and creatinine

You father should be able to have a coronary artery bypass graft procedure.
A creatinine level of 2.2 mg/dl indicates chronic kidney disease, not renal failure. If you father were medically inappropriate for the surgery, his physicians would not have offered it as an option. The best suggestion I have for you is to speak to them and get their opinions. Good luck.

In brief: CABG and creatinine

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Umesh Patel