Celexa made me feel "flat" Zoloft was great but allergic Paxil gave me worst anxiety Effexor (venlafaxine) didn't notice much what is the right med for my anxiety?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: More choices

You and your doctor still have more possible choices, although you've tried several.
If you've not yet been working with a psychiatrist, please do. Without a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, i can't comment on a "right med" for your anxiety. You ; your doctor should partner together to help you -- and psychotherapy is an important part of your recovery also.

In brief: More choices

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Rajendra Badgaiyan
If Zoloft was great.. I would not give up on it without making sure that it was allergy and not side effect which tends to go away.. If it is allergy, I would try generic sertraline from another manufacturer to make sure that you are allergic to setraline and not to one of the additives. If it does not work I would try Buspar.

In brief: Confirm allergy

If zoloft was great.
. I would not give up on it without making sure that it was allergy and not side effect which tends to go away.. If it is allergy, i would try generic sertraline from another manufacturer to make sure that you are allergic to setraline and not to one of the additives. If it does not work i would try buspar (buspirone).

In brief: Confirm allergy

If zoloft was great.
Dr. Rajendra Badgaiyan
Dr. Rajendra Badgaiyan
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Alternatives

Perhaps you could consider that overcoming anxiety may be about gaining insight into incorrect definitions of your experiences and feelings.
Learning new coping skills. Learning to redefine your experiences and to not rely on a pill.

In brief: Alternatives

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychotherapy is an essential part of treatment for anxiety disorders -- yet symptom intensity may require more intervention. Responsibly prescribed medications may allow full participation and movement in therapy. In my practice, carefully done homeopathy accomplishes this without side effects -- but not everyone is amenable to this approach. Patients are able to make choices.