Im 43. I have a knee replacement and now problems with my shoulder. Strong osteoarthritis. Also ra. It is normal at my age?

Dr. Scott Hacker
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No it is not

Most people, at 43, do not have osteoarthritis - a wear and tear condition.
Rheumatoid arthritis, however, is a condition where the body attacks its own joints leading to damage. This should be followed by a rheumatologist carefully. Most osteoarthritis appears later in one's 60's and 70's.

In brief: No it is not

Dr. Scott Hacker
Dr. Scott Hacker
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

If your RA is uncontrolled, early and significant joint damage can occur. Are you under the care of a rheumatologist? Also, previous trauma to a joint may cause earlier and more significant osteoarthritic changes.

In brief: See details

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Arnon Rubin