Is mercury in composite resin filling?

Dr. Robert Fong
Dentistry

In brief: No

Composites are often the first choice as an alternative to the silver mercury fillings.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Fong
Dr. Robert Fong
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No

Mercury is not a component in composite resin materials used for dental restorations.

In brief: No

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon

In brief: No

Composite fillings are made up of a variety of materials, but mercury is not one of them. Composite fillings are mercury-free!

In brief: No

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: No

I agree with dr. Quon, mercury is only found in amalgam fillings or restorations.
White colored fillings are either made out of resin composites or porcelain. White colored fillings and porcelain restorations are more technique sensitive and require more care and precision to do them well and to make them look attractive and last a long time.

In brief: No

Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dentistry

In brief: No

There is no mercury found in a composite resin filling.

In brief: No

Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dr. Rod Zimmerman