Workout about 1&1/2 hr a day. Been doing it for about 9 months now. Tonight I have a cramp really bad in my calf. What might have caused this and how?

Dr. Norman Cohen
Anesthesiology

In brief: No great answer

Muscle cramps are common, and most of the time there is no good explanation for why they occur. Muscle fatigue, dehydration, electrolyte imbalances are among the theoretical causes, although there is no good study to explain the reasons.
With that said, try to stay hydrated, stretch before and after exercise, and assure you are getting enough electrolytes when you have a long workout.

In brief: No great answer

Dr. Norman Cohen
Dr. Norman Cohen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine