What can I do/take 2help with periods as takes lot out of me I'm exhausted, very irritable, I can't concentrate, moody, crave chocolate, painful cramps?

Lots of options. There are lots of treatment options you can discuss with your doctor. Lysteda is a nonhormone medication designed for heavy periods. Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud can stop your period in some cases. Consider an endometrial ablation if you are done having children. You may have endometriosis. There are surgical treatments such as laparoscopy and in severe cases hysterectomy.