My kid is 4yrs old, recently found a hear murmur, she is overwt. Could it be because if her wt?

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Heart murmur

No the weight is not the cause of the heart murmur.
There various reasons for the murmur. The most common reason is that your child was born with it.

In brief: Heart murmur

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Unlikely

In > 3 decades of listening to kids at all ages I find it unusual not to hear a murmur at some point on most.
Murmur just means the extra noise beyond the lub dup of the heart beat.It refers to the sound made by blood flowing. It can be of no importance or a sign of a problem.Most of those causing kid problems are picked up at birth or within the 1st yr.I would likely be found if heavy or not.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Great question

The most likely reason that a 4 year old has a heart murmur is normal blood flow.
A heart murmur simply means that when the heart beats and ejects blood, it is audible with a stethoscope. It is not related to her weight. Most of the time, a careful, experienced listener can tell whether or not the murmur is a normal murmur just by listening. If there is doubt, see a pediatric cardiologist.

In brief: Great question

Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology