My wife dr installed mirena (levonorgestrel) to prevent uterine cancer. We do not believe in abortion but are ok with birth control. Does mirena (levonorgestrel) cause abortions?

Probably. One mechanism of action for the Mirena (levonorgestrel) (and there are several) is the thinning of the endometrium. That makes the lining of the uterus less receptive to implantation of a fertilized egg. When a conception does occur, most of the time that fertilized egg will not implant and the pregnancy will not be established - this results in the Mirena (levonorgestrel) being an abortifacient at least part of the time.
NO YOU CAN NOT BUT. Mirena (levonorgestrel) is used for birth control and does not cause abortion. There is less than 1% chance of pregnancy with Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud. Most of the pregnancies are tubal pregnancy and are not viable, others end in loss when the iud is removed during the process.