Hi, I am recently diagnosed with hypertension. I'm surprsed as I am 32 age. I want to know the reason. I was in night shift for 7 years is that reasn?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Not related to work

One can get hypertension at age of 32.
It can be what is called essential hypertension in which no cause is found like problems with adrenals, kidneys or coarctation of aorta.It may be genetics. But it is not due to working night shift for seven years.

In brief: Not related to work

One can get hypertension at age of 32.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Hypertension

Hypertension is usually related to genetics and lifestyle issues such as obesity and diabetes and other common problems, not usually to the choice of work that we do.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Martin Raff
Essential hypertension, as described by Dr. Killian, is manageable with medications, but one need be sure that the elevations in BP are not due to some other primary cause. You need to be fully evaluated. Good luck.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil