My boyfriend has told me he's been suffering from HPV for the past year, would it be okay to still have sex?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: HPV

If you have been with him previously you are infected with hpv.
You may have gotten it before if there was anyone previous to him. 96% of sexually active american's have hpv. Now, regardless of your exposure history please get the gardisil vaccination. No matter what other's tell you this is vital!

In brief: HPV

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: HPV

This virus is transmitted by skin to skin contact and if your bf has penile lesions the use of a condom should minimize transmission, but frankly would not be surprised to hear that you were already infected, but may be without symptoms.

In brief: HPV

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham