I had a sore throat, headache, and fever for a couple days, i got better after a while but now I have a cough an wheezing? Could it be bronchitis?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Bronchitis

This is virus caused in >95% of cases.
If you are wheezing and having any respiratory insufficiency (difficulty breathing) you should see a pulmonologist asap. Good luck and get better.

In brief: Bronchitis

This is virus caused in >95% of cases.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Definitely

Bronchitis symptoms are usually cough and wheezing.
In a non-smoker it is almost always viral and antibiotics are not useful. If your wheezing and cough are bad and you are low on oxygen then the doctor may prescribe a steroid and inhaler to help you breathe better. It is also possible that you have pneumonia. See a doctor tomorrow for exam.

In brief: Definitely

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology