I went to the hospital over my tooth and they gave me some antibiotics that I have to take 4 times a day. Will this help until I can see a dentist?

Somewhat. Taking antibiotics for an infection reduces but does not eliminate the possibility of pain and spread of infection. The sooner you see your dentist for treatment, the better.
POSSIBLY. The antibiotics may help, but often the infection source is inside the tooth and the antibiotics will not have any affect from within. Seeing a dentist is really the best option.
Yes and no. If you have an infected tooth, the antibiotics will reduce inflammation and pain symptoms. However, this is only temporary. Antibiotics will not heal a tooth infection. If the tooth is not treated (if you have an abcessed tooth it will most likely require a root canal), the infection and pain will get worse.