Whats the difference between carcinoma in situ and cin?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Since no one has

Answered in a week, i think it is because like me, they do not know what cin is.
We all know that carcinoma in situ means the cancer is superficial, not invading through a structure, and generally conveying risk of becoming invasive cancer. This is most prevalently used in breast cancer. However, i cannot contrast to cin. I do not know what that is.

In brief: Since no one has

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Henry Ng
I think CIN refers to cervical intraepithelia neoplasia which is a premalignant change. This is not a cancer compared to carcimona in situ which is a cancer but has not locally spread.