How do I yank out a childs loose canine tooth quickly and painlessly?

Brittany Chan
In brief: Leave it alone
It is best to let a child lose his or her teeth naturally.
Yanking a tooth out too early can cause problems such as bleeding, pain, and infection. Let the child wiggle the tooth around as he/she sees fit and it will fall out eventually. If the tooth is extremely loose, you may use a clean, damp piece of gauze and tug firmly. If it doesn't come out, leave it.

In brief: Leave it alone
Brittany Chan
Brittany Chan
Answer assisted by Brittany Chan, Medical Student
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry
In brief: Ice
Put ice on the tissue front and back of the tooth freezing the nerves and wiggle the tooth out.
The ice will act like numbing agent, but believe the child if they say they can still feel it. Give it enough time not to traumatize the child- in fact let them take part in the wiggling and pulling with you. See your dentist if you are both squeamish. My kids liked wiggling them out.

In brief: Ice
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey