My baby has an umbilical hernia and her belly looks swollen and she passed red stool should I be concerned what does this mean?

In brief: May not be related

Take the baby to the pediatrician , to find the cause of ' red stool ' , moderate size umbilical hernias will disappear by the age of 2 yr old and pediatrician will advise when to do surgery , follow the advise.

In brief: May not be related

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Paul Harper
I doubt that the hernia is responsible for this presentation. This could be a surgical emergency and the child needs to be seen right away.

In brief: See below

If your infant is fussy, vomiting and has what you mentioned-you need to have her checked asap! if not, you may wish to touch base with your pediatrician at the next availble appointment for reassurance.
I don't think the umbilical hernia is an issue, however distended belly and "red" stool can be related.

In brief: See below

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery