I have type 2 diabetes, is it more likely that a bacterial infection become septic?

Yes, if uncontrolled. If your blood sugars are out of control in general you might be more susceptible to infections. A very well controlled diabetic is not much different from a non-diabetic.
Yes, but . . . . Diabetes does seem to increase the risk of infection, especially if sugar levels are not controlled. Now, surgeons watch sugar levels closely even in non-diabetics to reduce infection. Some recent studies show a higher risk of kidney injury with sepsis plus diabetes, but a lower risk of lung injury in diabetics with sepsis. Main point is to keep sugar levels under control. Also keep vitamin d up.