3 doctors weighed in:

How could a person potentially overdose on negatively inotropic drugs such as beta blockers etc. And how does this effect the heart?

3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
2 doctors agree

In brief: Too much/too many

If you take too much of anything (including water), you can overdose.
Od of a bb will cause low blood pressure, excessively slow heart rate, heart block, dizziness and passing out. Enough of anything can cause death. Don't consider it for suicide: it would be unpredictable and unpleasant.

In brief: Too much/too many

If you take too much of anything (including water), you can overdose.
Od of a bb will cause low blood pressure, excessively slow heart rate, heart block, dizziness and passing out. Enough of anything can cause death. Don't consider it for suicide: it would be unpredictable and unpleasant.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
38 years in practice
1M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors