I have cosmetic bonding on my teeth. Is there any way to whiten?

Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: Ask the dentist

Ask the dentist who did the bonding.

In brief: Ask the dentist

Ask the dentist who did the bonding.
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays

In brief: No

Bonded composites are not affected by whitening.
The best way to change the shade is to replace the restorations. You can also add another layer of a whiter material, however this is not as effective.

In brief: No

Dr. Andrew Vendelis
Dr. Andrew Vendelis

In brief: No

Natural teeth respond to the whitening agents, but dental materials (porcelain or tooth-colored bonding materials) will not .
Often, users of otc whiteners get the unpleasant surprise of mismatched teeth for that reason .Consult your dentist about a plan to whiten your own teeth and then poosibly replace the old bonding material with more of the same or porcelain veneers.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Rosenfeld
Dr. Robert Rosenfeld