How can I avoid use of drugs and patterns if I have been a hard drug user being a teenager?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Drug use in past

You have to be frank with any doctor you see that you used hard drugs in the past and are not using it any more and let the physician decide what the best treatment will be for your condition.
Be open and frank and there is nothing to hide.All information is always confidential.

In brief: Drug use in past

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Keep your distance

From them. As you seem to be aware, your problems as a teenager mean you are more susceptible, so i would advise either complete abstinence from any mood-altering substances that you do not absolutely need, or keeping them to the absolute minimum. You need also to develop a good emotional support system, have things you do in life that you enjoy, and have good coping skills for stress etc.

In brief: Keep your distance

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Shontae Buffington